Easter is right around the corner and we want to help keep both yourself and the kiddies entertained — and what better way to do that then with… BAKING! That’s right, hassle-free (haha I wish) & child friendly baking!
In today’s blog, I’m going to be taking you through how to bake the most delicious Easter Bunny Cupcakes this weekend with your little loves! This is a tradition that my Mum and I used to do every single Easter, and to this day is still something I hold in my heart with so much joy. The recipe is super easy, the final result is so tasty, the clean up is minimal and truthfully, the process of doing this with your little one is so much fun.
I’m going to keep my rambling short today, because I have a WHOLE recipe for you below. But, if you do get any spare time over this long Easter weekend I encourage you to give the below a crack with your family. Based on how much I enjoyed this as a kid, I just know that you will all absolutely love it.
So with that said, let’s get started and bake some Easter Bunny Cupcakes!
450g packet of Betty Crocker (or similar) Vanilla Cupcake Mix
2 x Free Range Eggs
60g Softened Butter
1 cup of desiccated coconut
6 Pink Marshmallows
12 White Marshmallows
Dark Chocolate Writing Icing (pre-made icing is perfect!)
12 pink Mini M&M’s
24 brown Mini M&M’s
145g packet of little heart toppings (brand not overly important, just be sure they’re little pink hearts)
WHITE CHOC ICING:
180g Unsalted Softened Butter
2 x Tablespoons Milk
1 x Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
150g White Chocolate, Melted
1 3/4 Cups of Icing Sugar Mixture (packet mix is totally okay!)
- Preheat your oven to 180C and let it start to warm up while you prep your cupcakes!
- Grab out your muffin tray (preferably a 1/3 cup sizing but truthfully anything will work!) and line the holds with paper cases. TIP: coloured-paper wrapping makes for the best end result.
- Make your cupcake batter using your selected vanilla cupcake mix, eggs, milk & butter. Be sure to follow the instructions on the packet with this one. Line your tray and bake. Once completed, set aside too cool for a few minutes.
- Now, we have to make some white chocolate icing - fun! Be sure for this step you’re using an electric beater. Start by beating the butter into a glass bowl until it is very pale. Once this occurs, slowly start to add in the icing sugar in small batches, beating very well with each addition (very well = blended into the butter!). Once all icing is gone, add the milk and vanilla essence into the mix and beat until all combined. Then once this is done, do the same process with the white chocolate. Continue to beat until all is combined and you’re left with a beautifully smelling white chocolate mixture.
- This is the fun part — you get to decorate your cupcakes and turn them into the cutest little Easter Bunnies ever!
Place your coconut into a small bowl and put to the side. Now, spread your freshly made white chocolate icing over the top of each cupcake (but be sure you leave a teeny bit of icing to the side for later!). Before this icing sets, quickly dip the top of each cupcake into the coconut bowl to get a light coat over the top (it should end up looking like a Bunnies gorgeous fur coat!).
Now, we need to dice up our marshmallows. Cut all your white marshmallows in half, then cut your pink marshmallows into halves and then half them again. Here, use a bit of your left over icing to attach a pink marshmallow piece to the top of a white marshmallow piece — this will make your cute ears. Now, use some more of the remaining icing to attach the ears + some brown M&M’s for eyes, a pink M&M for a now and a pink heart for the mouth! ADDITIONALLY: if you do have some writing icing, use this to add some little whiskers coming off the nose.
- Let all the eyes, ears, nose and whiskers set for a few minutes and then — BAM! You have your gorgeous little Easter Bunny cupcakes ready to go.
- Take a bite and enjoy with your little loves!
This is a quick, easy recipe I used to make with my mum every Easter and it is one of my fondest memories of growing up — so I implore you to give it a shot with your little laners! It’s hassle-free, so fun and the end result is amazing!
If you do give it a crack, be sure to take a photo and tag us so we can see your cute little Easter Bunny cupcakes!
From everyone in the LL team, have an incredible Easter however you choose to spend it. We’re sending you so much love and light!
Until next time,
Team Lacey Lane x
(cover photo courtesy of taste.com.au)